Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2011, C300, 90000 km: After remotely locking the car, the

Customer Question

2011, C300, 90000 km: After remotely locking the car, the trunk lock and door locks will unlock by themselves. This just started. This occurs with both sets of keys. What causes the locks to malfunction?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer.I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I wouldsee if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I canstill assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the faultcodes checked/read out using either a scan tool that will plug in andcommunicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set or adealers sds machine.Once this has been done any codes set will need to bediagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.

I have seen issues with the Front SAM and Rear SAM controlunits that can cause electrical issues like this here and I have also seenissues with shorted door latch/sensors that can cause false signals causing thedoors to unlock with the faulty sensor/switch sending a false signal that adoor has been opened when it has not which in turn will unlock otherdoors.Usually one of these is the cause here needing replaced in most cases.

This will need to be checked into/tested further firsthaving fault codes read out then diagnosed and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue ourconversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.Youcan rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this willnot close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult tofully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work ondelivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.