Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I replaced the AMP but no sound so I need to program the

Customer Question

I replaced the AMP but no sound so I need to program the radio
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to check is to make sure the sound amplifier fuse is o.k. and didn't burn out at all.If an issue is found with the fuse the fuse will need replaced to correct this here.If this was already checked and found o.k. this can be an issue with a short with one of the speakers internally shorting out the sound chips in the amp or a short in the wiring leading from the amp to the speakers themselves and the wiring needs inspected and repaired to correct this here.in order to find out if you have a shorted speaker each speaker needs disconnected one at a time and the sound checked again one at a time and if the sound comes back with one certain speaker disconnected that speaker needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.