Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

How do I replace the passenger side mirror turn signal

Customer Question

how do I replace the passenger side mirror turn signal indicator on a CLS550 2009
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Just to make sure, this is the assembly you are referring to, correct?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dd18krhpdm9ni0/41rJ8hPPRnL.jpg?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture you have is not it, I am talking about the passenger side mirror has a turn signal indicator on the side mirror. here is a link to a picture Of what I'm trying to repair
https://www.dropbox.com/s/be24jo6ik0agozf/20151031_225858.JPG?dl=0

Ok. I do not have the complete procedure in writing to replace the turn signal assembly in the mirror. Only to remove the glass lens. I am sure once the lens is removed it is just a matter of removing screws to remove the mirror mount, then more screws to separate the front and rear housing, but if you want I can either provide you the PDF to remove the glass, or I can open the question back up in case somebody has the full procedure in writing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like the full procedure in writing please. I need to replace it and I do not want to break anything

Alright. I will opt out in case somebody has the full procedure. My software only gives glass removal and installation.

Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 year ago.

I will get the full procedure for you, I'll have it in a few minutes.

There are 3 documents, first the glass removal, then the motor, then the actual housing. From there, there are just 2 torx screws that hold the signal onto the mirror housing. Please let me know if you need anything else before you decide to rate me, thanks!