Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Have you ever heard of adapting an edelbrock to a 380sl

Customer Question

have you ever heard of adapting an edelbrock to a 380sl motor
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I don't think Edelbrock ever made an intake manifold for the Mercedes V8 engines. I've seen some 4 barrel conversions on the web in the past but never have had one in the shop. They used an early D Jetronic manifold and converted the opening to accept the carburetor. Click on the link below for an example. I would need a little more information from you in order to help you with your problem. Some pictures of the conversion might help. If the car starts and runs I'd check to see if it is running out of fuel in the carburetor when it dies. I'd also make sure that you are not loosing ignition when it dies.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?