Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

SRS fault code, and marker lights fault code

Customer Question

SRS fault code , and marker lights fault code
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I need a little more info to assist better.

Can you give me the code number that set with this issue here?

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here?

Have you checked to see if all marker lights work and were any marker light bulbs replaced to try and correct this or before the marker light issues occurred?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete , The diagnostic device indicates high resistance in the ignition circuit R12/3 all marker lights are operational and have not been recently repaired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has been done to try to correct the faults
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if 9103 would be the fault code or not.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,the circuit R12/3 should be the drivers air bag in the steering wheel.In some cases the electrical connectors or steering angle sensor needs replaced to correct high resistance for this fault here.In rare cases the air bag itself needs replaced.I have been lucky in some cases by disconnecting the air bag connector from the air bag itself and then reconnecting it to make a better connection to resolve this type of issue here.This circuit will need tested to see if disconnecting and reconnecting corrects this or if a component like the steering angle sensor or air bag needs replaced.I don't see any technical service bulletins on this fault here on your model.

As for the marker light message most of the time this is a bulb that has high resistance that needs replaced.If you notice any of the marker lights that are brighter or dimmer then the rest this is usually the bulb needing replaced.I would check over the marker lights to see if for one if any of the bulbs are after market as they may have a different wattage then the factory bulbs which will cause this and to check and see if one is brighter or dimmer needing replaced or if one is corroded or appears to be ready to burn out (black in color in some cases).

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.