Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1992 500 SL BATT WENT DEAD WENT CHARGED AND STARTED ASR ,ABS

Customer Question

1992 500 SL BATT WENT DEAD WENT CHARGED AND STARTED ASR ,ABS LIGHT ON , RUN ROUGH , NO THROTTLE RESPONCE , LAST WAS A RELAY W/FUSE IN IT ?? WHERE IS IT LOCATED
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1992 500 SL DEAD BATT AFTER A CHARGE STARED CAR ASR, ABS LIGHT ON , ROUGH IDLE NO THROTTLE UNTIL WARMED UP , HAPPENED BEFORE LAST TIME WAS A RELAY W/FUSE CAN YOU IDENTIFY THIS RELAY AND IT S LOCATION ?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the overvoltage protection relay is located under the hood on the passenger side. There is a fuse in the top of the relay. Check the fuse and see if it is blown. Let me know what you find. I've attached a picture below. In the picture the relay is slightly hidden by the silver relay with the black knob on top.