Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I was given the Final Quick test log on my Mercedes, but he

Customer Question

I was given the Final Quick test log on my Mercedes, but he didn't explain it to me when I asked. He just set it was all cleared. I want to know and understand what it says.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
reviewing the final quick test log, and what is there any other kind of test log? this one cost $175. anyways, i see exclamation ! marks for VG-Transfer Case
HAQ-Interwheel differential lock at rear axle
f - ESP - Eletronic stability program
5173 steering wheel angle:Single fault
5939 Check component N49(Steering angle sensor)
5938 Check componen t N49(Steering angle sensor)f-SAM-F-Signal acquisition and actuation module front
9010 The component or the signal line to the component E2e6 (Right side marker lamp) has Open circuit or Short circuit to ground.F - REAR SAM - Rear signal acquisition and actuation module
91C8 Componenet E19/3(licence plate lamp, left rear end door) 0r E19/4 ( license plate lamp, right rear-end door) or the line to the components has an open circuit.
9107 Component E410 (Right brake light and taillighjt) or the line to the ocmpnent has a short circuit to positive or open circuit.
9259 Component K24/2 (Front passenger sear adjustment comfort relay)or line to component has open circuit.
914B Component F4kL (Trailer circuit 30X relay) is defective or missing , or the feed line has Open circuit.
i 9062 No CAN message was received from control unit SCM (MRM)
9065 No CAN message was received from control unit ESP.f UCP Upper control panel
9006 Switch N72/1s1 (ESP OFF switch) is defective or has been operated for longer than 25 seconds. STOREDi IC-Instrument cluster
9135 Fuel tank sensor tight installation recognition: The signal from the fuel tank sensor 2 is not plausible.f PTS Partronic system
9004
9008
9011
9014
all storedf COMAND or AUDIO
D136 The wake uop line has short circuit to positive.
D011 THE supply voltage of the control unit is too high (overvoltage)f AAC - Automatic air conditioning
9006 Component A9 (AC compressor) has short circuit.What does STORED mean and does it mean for a long time?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** you please post the last 8 digits of your vin number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8A381829
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, as far as your ESP codes are concerned I would say you will need to replace the steering column module to correct those codes. I suspect that the steering angle sensor (which is part of the module) was damaged when the steering rack was replaced. If the technician failed to lock the steering wheel from turning when he removed the rack and the wheel turned it can damage the module.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

All of the other codes are not relevant and don't require attention unless you are having other problems. My advice on the other codes would be to have all of the codes erased and then rescan the car and see if any of the fault codes return. Those are the only codes that would require attention.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Codes that show as "stored" are not current codes. It is very common to have stored codes due to network glitches.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it customary to charge for another scan the next day? Shop says they don't know how old those codes were, but that they removed them. They want to charge me another $176 to do another scan so they will know what is going on. They just want to replace the sensor not the module.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

To charge you $176 for a second scan is ridiculous. A rescan after erasing the codes is normal procedure. At the most I would charge 1/2 hour labor to run the quick test again. I don't think they can buy the sensor separately from the control unit. The part number I show is 164 545 87 16. It retails for $250.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Please remember to rate my service when you are done.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long do you think it would take to install?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

It's about a 1.5 hour labor operation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Marty!
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome.