Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Front caliper was loose after some front end worknoticed bas

Customer Question
esp light turned on changed...
front caliper was loose after some front end worknoticed bas esp light turned on changed front rotors and pads light is still on can you help with this oh it is a 2001 Mercedes ml 320
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
10/17/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Stan, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician

BAS/ESP light will not come on due to brake pads or rotors. Possibly loose caliper damaged the wheel speed sensor or it's rotor, which can cause these lights to come on. So the distance between the wheel speed sensor and it's rotor, wheel bearing play and the sensor's cabling should be checked. If all is allrgiht there- next step would be to read out and delete the ESP control unit fault codes.

Best Regards,
Stan

Stan
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician