Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Wiper vibrations

Customer Question

wiper vibrations
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** can only mean wipers blades or wiper arms are bent out of shape. I'd consider replacing blades again with a new brand otherwise you will need to twist on the wiper arms until vibration stops so you know they are in the correct position. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I also wanted to mention wiper fluid is used as lubricant so run washers for a minute after replacing to see if that helps. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive tried that, the thing is it only vibrates on the driver sade wiper
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already changed the blades twice
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That would mean the wiper arm on drivers side is bent. You will need to twist the wiper arm back into place until vibration stops. You can compare it to passenger side to see which direction it needs to be bent. Let me know if you have more questions or run into questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to say but i already tried bending it a bit both ways and still wont stop,
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Then last step would be to replace the wiper arm as there is nothing else that could cause this. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you change the top section of the arm ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or the whole thing al the way to motor?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Just the wiper arm which is the "top part" the part that goes to motor is the wiper linkage and that wouldn't cause this. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you give me the part number?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

There are special tools used to adjust wiper arms, I think your better off paying dealer $100 to correctly adjust then replace wiper arm. Because even with new wiper arm it may need to be adjusted. Here are instructions to adjust from manual, let me know if you have more questions. I do not have part number for wiper arm. Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p5btqpbdgu1ebh/wiper%20adjust.pdf?dl=0