Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2001 Mercedes s 430. The red light on the EC came

Customer Question
I have a 2001 Mercedes...
I have a 2001 Mercedes s 430. The red light on the EC came on, took it to a shop told me my compressor was bad, bought the kit and replaced the compressor. It is blowing all right but the light on the EC is still on. How do I get it off so I can get cold air?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
10/15/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** the system has been properly recharged you simply need to erase the fault codes in the climate control panel.

Click on the link below for a video I made of the procedure to do this without the factory scan tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPenpU8zHU

Let me know if it works for you.

Please remember to click on a positive rating for my help today :-)

Marty

I did not get what I asked for. I want the EC red light turned off. What do to turn it off.
Please respond to my question. What you sent me is to erase error codes. My EC light is on, I want to turn it off.

Hi, did you see my reply about erasing the fault codes?

You have to erase the codes in order to turn off the EC light.

I did that, the last time you and I had a conversation about this, you did not ask me to erase codes, you told me to press two buttons and it worked. It was the same issue.

I'm not following you. I don't see any previous questions for you.

Are you saying that you already followed the procedure and the EC light remains on?

that is what I am saying.
Last year, I had the same problem, you asked me to press two buttons on the AC panel, and the light disappeared. It was not to erase codes.

Ok, I need you to perform the procedure in the video again and tell me if there are any fault codes still stored in the control panel. I'm going to be away for about an hour while I drive home. Let me know what you find and I will reply back later tonight.

I do not have the car with me, but I will do so tomorrow and will let you know.

ok

Can we continue the conversation tomorrow without additional cost? I understand if it is a phone conversation there is an $18.00 fee.

You can stay in this chat mode with no additional fee. If you would like me to call you it's an additional $18.

Let us resume tomorrow.

Sounds good. I'll wait to hear from you.

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician