Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I bought a 2007 C230 sedan yesterday and noticed rust on the

Customer Question

i bought a 2007 C230 sedan yesterday and noticed rust on the brake discs. will this cause problems soon?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is normal is vehicle was sitting for a long period. Rust will eventually wear off with normal driving, there is nothing to worry about. Even if rust is on edges where it wont wear off you will be fine. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I can do to remove it myself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I gave my credit card information, will I be charged?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You can remove the wheel and use sandpaper or wire brush to remove it yourself. You will have a one time charge for service. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.