Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I took my 1995 MB s320 in, oil change. I left the garage,

Customer Question

I took my 1995 MB s320 in for service, oil change. I left the garage, went to the store, locked the doors with key at drivers door.
Upon returning, only the 2 front doors unlocked. Tried 3 more times and each time it locked/unlocked slower and finally none of the locks would unlock. I either have to lock/unlock with key or manually. Do you think I am right?
My guess is that the MB mechanic inadvertently disconnected a vacuum line resulting in a loss of pressure in the system.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, your car uses an electric vacuum pump underneath the rear seat cushion to operate the door locks. First you should remove and inspect fuse 3 and 11 in the trunk fuse box. If the fuses are good just remove and insert them and then try the locks. If none of the locks work I'd say your vacuum pump has gone bad.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty