Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Marty. Switch the line on the sl 500.. didn't blow

Customer Question
Hey marty. Switch the line...
Hey marty. Switch the line on the sl 500.. didn't blow anything. Now I can't get the suspension to level out. New strut on front left . That's the lowest. Rt side is higher. Much higher. . Did the rodeo. Any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
10/1/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Sorry for the wait I have been backed up at work. Are you getting anywhere with this? Did you try driving the car to see if it would level out?

not realy .. when u put into drive or reverse .. left side goes down to much and light comes to low to drive. Im have some bad luck with this.. no leaks though

Can you scan the ABC suspension system?

I will. Get the codes later to u..
Maybe the used rear solenoids are bad

That's what I am thinking. I'm thinking you may need to replace the valve blocks. Does the car drop when you turn it off and let it sit for an hour?

Gonna take a video of what it's doing as well
Not at all. Didn't move from last night

Ok, I'd also like to see the fault codes.

Ok

I'm going to be away until tomorrow morning.

No problem. I was able to raise all the struts. I'm having trouble with my autel maxis . There were some special functions I was able to access. But the scanner crashes. . Will get back to u at later time. Thks marty

You're quite welcome.

Hi Marty.. after trying to activate everything i can with scanner. this is where I'm at.. When u put the car in drive or reverse and move the car an inch the front rt drops 30 to 40 mm. Then when u shut it off it levels a little. You go to start it and the front right now levels completely with other struts. But as soon as u move vehicle again ,the front front drops again.. any clue?

Hi, it sounds like there may be a fault with one of the level sensors or with the acceleration sensors. Were you ever able to get any fault codes from the ABC system?

morning marty.. these are the codes i just pulled. swapped two front small solenoids last night.. same issue...
from the outside it doesn't sound like the front right strut is filling up with fluid.. when I open the bleeder screws.. all three except the rt front fluid comes out. When u open the rt front no fluid actually comes out.
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician