Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Ok pete here we go. 2007 MB S550 4matic Transfer case has

Customer Question

Ok pete here we go.
2007 MB S550 4matic
Transfer case has been bad for some time was using car only local 5-10 miles once a week, finally let go.
Located a used transfer case and I'm looking for R&R procedure for transfer case. Also type & quantity of fluid.
Thanks,
Tom
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

hello tom do you have your vin? and what is wrong that you think or were told you need a transfer case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,
I'm in the automotive industry 49 years. My just answer request is specifically R&R procedure for transfer case on 07 MB S550 4matic. As well as fluid type and quantity. If you can't provide the ASAP let me know now.
Tom

Tom my name is ***** ***** I merely am here to help you. I need your vin please as I had already asked. I am here to help you but you need to be more understanding that this is not a cut and dry type of service all the time. Please provide me with your vin and I will get you transfer case instructions. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WDDNG86X67A105527

thank you i am pulling them up now.

the main document is the disassemble , assemble and seal document. so within that you will see the other document links, so use those to determine what order the documents are in, but all the info is there. hope this helps. i made this specifically for you . Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lou I know you have the vin but there's nothing here on the 4matic transfer case. FYI it's mounted in the front of the trans.

Ok see here's where the terminology may be wrong. You said transfer case. The transfer case is at the back of the trans. Are you saying you need the front differential instructions ?

Now do you see why I asked what your issue was. Because now I think I may have spent all the time looking up transfer case parts when that is not actually what you were reffering too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mv said transfer. Salvage yard said transfer.
I'm not fixated on the name. But the case mounts into the front of the trans.
That's the info I need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Later I will download all the files you've posted because they may be helpful.

Oh my.well I will upload the other instructions tonight. I hope you take into consideration the time I am spending getting you the correct documents after my first response we could have had this all said and done.

i am sorry, i do not have the time to upload all the info, maybe another expert can help.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom, my name is***** you still need help with this?