Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Front driver door won't stay latched/will not close

Customer Question
front driver door won't stay latched/will not close
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
9/28/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, is he door banging hard against the striker when you try to close the door? If it is it means that the door latch is already in the closed position. You will need to pull on the door handle to open the door and rotate the latch to the open position at the same time using a small screwdriver. If that is not what hours is doing you should check the striker on the body of the car and make sure it didn't come loose. If the striker is good the only other possibility would be a bad door latch.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician