Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

By bad dome light do you mean the bulb or the actual dome

Customer Question

By bad dome light do you mean the bulb or the actual dome light socket? The courtesy lights in the bottom of both rear doors of my 1997 e420 all of the sudden won't shut off. I do have the passenger front door panel removed to remount the seat swith that was pushed inside the door. In the removal 3 of the panel clip mounts came off do I am driving with the passenger front door panel removed if this matters.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if the courtesy lights don't turn off I'd check the door jamb switches. Push in on each switch with your finger and see if the lights turn off. I'd start with the switch at the right front door. If the panel is removed the switch probably isn't getting pushed in when you close the door and it is causing the lights to remain on. The door jamb switches are located just below each door striker.

Let me know if this helps.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Do you need anymore help with this?

Marty