Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Have vibration in 126 series 300sd year 1981. transmission

Customer Question

Have vibration in 126 series 300sd year 1981. transmission shifts okay and have replaced engine mounts. Trying to determine the cause and if could be in the torque converter. what is good troubleshooting method using process of elimination? I want this to be my driver car since the turbo diesel is very good and so economical. Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mine is a w126 300sd but that series all about same from 1981 to 1985. The drive train issue is a vibration which is likely in torque converter at speeds above 20 mph.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for a response here first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for answer, but later can switch to phone if more practical.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** are difficult to diagnose without actually feeling them. Can you describe what the car is doing? Does the steering wheel vibrate or does the vibration seem to be coming from the seats or floor area? Does the vibration get worse if you accelerate hard? Does it get worse as you speed up?