Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I need help on my Mercedes 09 gl 320 bluetech has service

Customer Question

I need help on my Mercedes 09 gl 320 bluetech has service b due today and has shut down the the car .
Oi turn it on and it auto shut off
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turn it on but it auto shut off after and it got the check engine light on too!
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello the B service will not shut the car down. If that is what you are asking. Does the engine start but then die ? Have oh refueled recently ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did fill up the car !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The engine start and then die . Yes it happened like you said

Ok

It's possible you may have put the wrong fuel in ? Or the fuel that was put in was bad , how long did the car run after fuel was filled ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Been 2 days ago driven about 100 miles
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Diesel fuel

Ok , how much fuel was filled ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fill up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Always try to get full tank

I suggest the first thing to do is to call the gas station and ask if they had any reports of other cars having diesel fuel issues , tell them what has happened and they may cover the charges.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure will it may concern the fuel pump inside the tank?

The most likely issue since this happened AFTER filling fuel is two things , 1- get the codes read with a scan tool. 2- get the fuel drained out. The longer the bad fuel sits in the tank and engine the more it can cause damage.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.