Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My 2008 GL 320 CDI has lost power: It will run through all

Customer Question
gears but won't rev, go...
My 2008 GL 320 CDI has lost power: It will run through all gears but won't rev, go beyond 60mph, and runs like my grandmother is driving. "Check Engine" is on, but nothing sounds or looks unusual on the engine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
9/9/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. Well I can tell you that you have most likely a turbo issue or a air inlet port shutoff motor issue since those are the top two reasons the diesels go into limp mode. The fact you have a check engine light on is good since it will tell us a code that will help narrow down the issue. Is there a auto zone or oriellys near you ? They can read the codes for no charge. Just don't take any of their repair suggestions lol. If you get me the code we can go further. I am here to help. Lou

What about dirty air mass meter/sensor, dirty air filter or fuel filter?

Very well could be. But not as likely. And I would not like to guess. It would save tons of time and money for you to just get the codes read and then I can give you exacts. :)

Hello. Have you had a chance to get the codes read ?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician