Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have put a $500 deposit on a Mercedes a160 $5300 in total

Customer Question

Mike I have put a $500 deposit on a Mercedes a160 $5300 in total 88000 km when test driving it appeared to miss a gear twice... The owner said it was due to double clutch system
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with a solenoid in the transmission itself.I have seen these fail before causing issues needing replaced.Usually if this is an actual fault with the vehicle itself the check engine light would come on with a fault code set.If you have not had the computers checked for any codes this needs done and any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.If there is no check engine light this may be the way this transmission operates but I would have this checked/tested just to make sure there isn't a solenoid or sensor at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.