Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My car (2014 C300) has been in the dealership 3 times t 113

Customer Question

My car (2014 C300) has been in the dealership 3 times for vibration t 113 km/hr. The dealer initially said it was the rear tires. I bout 2 new rear tires and the vibration is still there. They tried another set and the vibration is still there.
They keep saying its the tires, but we have tried 3 sets now and no fix.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment with the dealer in 1 hour and they are suggesting that i buy 4 new rims and tires. I think that it must be something else, but not sure how to identify it.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

hello, have them check the wheels to make sure they are not bent also the brakes because bad brakes can make a vibration as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They checked the rims and did a raod force balance on the tires. everything looks ok.
The brakes were just changed under warrenty 3 months agao. The vibration is while I'm driving on the highway at 113 - 120 km/hr

ok does the vibration feel more in the steering wheel? or in the seat like a massage chair?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the seat. I see the passenger seat shaking if I'm driving alone

ok that tells me it is from the rear or the driveshaft

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we figured that much, but not sure how to proceed

well i know that for me to tell you exactly what is wrong will be extremely hard considering that i am no where near the car. so im just going to explain some things that can cause this.

some people misunderstand road force balancing.

it does not fix anything its more of a diagnostic tool

do you have staggared wheels?

meaning is the rear larger than the front?

does the vibration come and go at that speed or does it come and stay super constant? does anything you do with the accelerator make it worse or better?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the wheels are staggered. The vibration comes on and is constant, accelerator has no effect on vibration

ok, can you try to drive it in a lower gear ? and see if the vibration stays? also have you driven it up to speed and then put the transmission in neutral to see if the vibration goes away?

hopefully they can help you out, i will opt out maybe another expert can assist, vibration issues are the hardest ones as there is no common issue. it all has to be addressed and properly diagnosed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying.