Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

CL 500 dead battery trunk won't open with key either

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you get into the car at all? Are the doors open or is the hood open?

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello , to open the trunk you must insert the metal blade Into the lock and turn it to the left to 11o'clock position and hold it there , then as you are holding it push the button in and it will manually pop the trunk. Let me know if you get it. Lou

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks but I already know how to use the metal key IT DOES NOT OPEN THE TRUNK!!! Is there another way to get in?

Easy , I am just trying to help , when you turn the key left it overrides te electronics and does a manual release. That always works , when you turn the key to the left and press in the button does the button feel like it has resistance ? Also you can try removing checking and reinstalling fuse 62 in the rear fuse box. I'll upload the photo. If your not gonna work with me to help you than I will simply opt out. I am here to help and I have no idea of your capabilities or knowledge with the car.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
lou I have tried several times with the key it does not release the trunk. I own several mercedes and have more than a passing knowledge how to work on them Is fuse 62 located in the trunk or rear passenger compartment

I attached the photo of the fuse location , it is under the passenger back seat behind the floor light covering