Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2010 mercedes gl350 blutech 3.0 diesel, went into

Customer Question
limp mode. Check engine light...
I have a 2010 mercedes gl350 blutech 3.0 diesel, went into limp mode. Check engine light on for code 133C00. Which is temperature sensor upstream of turbo exceeds limit( sensor b19/11 ) so I put my Solis ultra on and read the data, sensor b19/11 reads -459.1℉ so I unplug sensor and nothing changed, already bought new sensor but I do not want to install since the reading never changed, any idea of a reprogramming that must be done or driving after New sensor is installed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
8/23/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. If you lost me your vin I can check for bulletins with your code. Also you don't have to install it to see a difference just plug the sensor it and see if the value changes , if it does then the sensor is the issue. If it does not then there is another issue like wiring, but with these new models it's most likely a failed sensor so just plug it in :)

That is the faster way to check it. Let me know your vin I will check for bulletins. Lou

I plugged in the new sensor and no change in the reading for temperature sensor upstream of turbo (b19/11) vin is 4jgbf2fe6aa604116

Ok thanks. I'll check and see what we can do to fix this

Ok the sensor should have 2 wires , a green wire black tracer and a brown wire yellow tracer correct ?

Correct

Ok the Brown is the negative and is shared with the temp sensor upstream of cat and the temp sensor upstream of diesel particulate filter. The green wire goes straight to ECM.

Brown is connector 1 pin 84 and green is connector 1 pin 63

First thing is to remove the ECM connector and make sure the wires are good to the ECM. Also if you did plug in the new sensor did you shut the key off and then turn it back on ? Just to see if the reading changed. ?

I did plug in New sensor and cycle keys multiple times and value never changed, did not check continuity from plug to ecm...

Ok , if it was brown wire then you should have had more codes from the other sensors since they share the ground so check the continuity. you should have no continuity to ground testing the brown wire with the connector unplugged from the ECM NOT the sensors.

Ok I check tomorrow, and I will see what fluke says

Ok. For the green wire the diagnostic says "no test available " so it does not give me a unit of measurement so in that instance you can only check two things , continuity from sensor to connector and ensure its not grounded or shorted and try a resistance measurement on pins 84 and 63 while the ECM is disconnected but the temp sensor IS connected. Hope this information helps. No bulletins found also. I forgot to mention.

Will do, already checked alldata for bulletins and found nothing

I am using startekinfo , our Mercedes system.

So rest assured the info i and supplying you is oem

What I would pay to have that lol

Are you a shop ?

I work at one, but this is something on the side after hours

Ok gotcha. If your serious about the site I can send over a offer and I can tell you how you can get access. But if you do not work on Mercedes often it may not be worth it.

Oh and also you need to plug in the new sensor and erase the codes and then cycle the key and see if the values change. The system is tricky sometimes

Typically older models, lots of European vehicles

Well if interested I can send over a phone offer and we can talk live.

As for this issue , do those checks and let me know I'll be here to assist. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Any luck ?

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Ok so change of story, turns out previously my friend erased all codes, so it has multiple codes, possibly bad ground
Codes are 131C00, 11DA00, 14AC00

I can look up codes in the morning and get back to you. I still have not been rated for my service , if you can do so I would greatly appreciate that. Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician