Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Mercedes 2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe: Confused about the

Customer Question

Mercedes 2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe: Confused about the location of the BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH for replacement. Replacement switch looks like it attaches to clutch, but that does not make sense.
I need a diagram with the exact location for a 6 speed manual(clutch). I also have questions about A/C sensors and switches.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. The brake light switch is on the brake pedal , however if you don't see it then your model is after they changed it to the brake pressure sensor on the master cylinder. So follow the brake pedal upward and you should see the switch. If not then again your model is going to be after they switched to the brake pressure sensor on the master cylinder. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I can assume this same exact part replacement fixes the esp, bas, abs, and no cruise control when abs light is on.

Well I don't like that word lol. BUT the most common issue with ESP and traction warning lights is either the brake light switch or the pressure switch. Did you ever get codes read ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is why I specifically used the word "assume". LOL.
I will go read diagnostics. What code(s) could show up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking up vin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an empty slot on the brake pedal; which looks like a brake switch sensor could be inserted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This would have been the 4th one I have replaced under dash on other Mercedes. Dam MB going and changing things. grrrr
Christy

Haha, yes I agree. I don't know the code per say off the top of my noggin but it will say something about the brake pedal plausibility or similar.

In the computer on our scanners we can watch the brake pressure. And we always knew when the switch was bad because it would bounce from 2psi to 30 psi without no pedal movement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OH MY.
Looked up vin via parts store and it is showing brake switch sensor.
My model type
2002 C230-4-295 2.3L DOHC SC

Yeah but what "parts store" lol

Ok parts stores will keep showing you the switch under the dash. Call dealer. Get the part number. Then search online. Best way. I can get you the part number but not until later.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will keep in touch after I find out more

Ok if you get me your vin I can at least get you the part number since most dealers are closed on Saturdays. I will do what I can to help. I promise. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WDB RN4 7JX 2A3 057 09
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No one home at MB till Monday

Ok thanks I will get you the part number tonight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sender Unit- Pressure Sensor A 002 542 84 18
from EPC online data-card search

Ok I will double check that and make sure.

Ok yes the part number is *****
002-542-84-18
Hope this information helps if you need anything let me know also get the code if possible that may save you time from replacing the switch if it's not faulty, I am here to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.