Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a clk 230 kompressor 1999.. The car will start only

Customer Question
I have a clk 230...
I have a clk 230 kompressor 1999..
The car will start only when cold.. When it turns on it only last for 5 mins...changed the cps already still nothing... Brought a used ecu and got the old ecu to code the vin.. Still the same issue no crank.. The mechanic put the old ecu in after it being freezing cold starts and then stops after 5 mins... Please help.... The error is no communication
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
When it cuts out it says defective display
8/21/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. What kind of scanner are you using ?
Star
It looks like the ecu goes into a sleep mode
Give no communication error
When the car shuts off the each won't communicate with the star system ( that is with the old ecu)
The new ecu no response at all
When the car is on the star pick up communications error

Ok can you do a quick test ? And upload to me the printout ?

The mechanic has it.. Canbus error

Ok here's what I need. I need a detailed quick test /short test to see all the control modules and their fault codes and I can help.

Can bus error can mean a hundred different things.

When the car won't start it won't communicate to the star system.... When the car stalls the car show error defective display and the star picks errors in can bus

If he does a quick test / short test and presses F8 it will expand all the control modules and show all the fault codes and then print them and upload them

Errors are from ecu the mechanic said
No communication .... The fan turns on when car dosnt start

I understand what you are saying. But I cannot help without seeing the fault codes. I promise seeing the fault codes will explain a lot to me.

No fault codes I have because I'm not with the mechanic
I don't have the fault codes.... Mechanic has the computer

That's ok. Get them and we can continue no worries

I can help absolutely.

He is a Mercedes mechanic... He said the are ecu errors no communication
But the new ecu no response
He did the same thing you are saying... There is just communication error .. The Ecu not communicating to the car

You keep telling me the same thing over and over. And don't say ECU. That means nothing. Our modules have specific names. Are you telling me the SCANNER cannot communicate with the car ? Or just the engine computer ?

Engine computer
Front left black box

Ok. Here's what I need the quick test printout for ...... Let me explain

There are 5 modules or more on the communication system ,

If 4 of the modules have fault codes that all say "cannot communicate with engine computer " then most likely the engine computer is bad. If the scanner cannot talk to any module on the communication lines means that one module is failing and killing the communication. So without the printout I cannot tell or advise on what to check. But once I get the printout I know I can help you.

The scanner won't communicate with the Ecu when the car dies.... No communication at all..
When the car finally wants to start again the star system
Only gets communication error with ecu
why with the new ecu the same issue... Turn the key no crank and only hear the fan

Ok , just you explaining to me still does not help. Is there a issue with getting me the printout ? If there is then I will have to let another expert try to help , please believe me I can help but I need To SEE the fault codes. I cannot tell you why about anything. You must understand

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician