FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I am on the fence about whether to buy a 2003 E320 with 79K

Customer Question

I am on the fence about whether to buy a 2003 E320 with 79K miles, one-owner, excellent mechanical condition, but acceleration not too impressive OR a 2006 E320 CDI with 180K miles. I like the ride of the diesel better. It has 2 owners. The last owner has OCD and was meticulous about maintaining the car and keeping service records. I trust the dealer as well, having bought from him before. The question is, am I buying a headache or money-pit if I get the high-mileage diesel. BTW drives and looks almost like new. Please advise! Thanks!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. From my experience the CDI is a better and more reliable vehicle even with the miles. The fact that the other vehicle has low miles does not really make it a better car as when these vehicles age, many parts fail with it. I would say that even with 180,000, the CDI will be a better vehicle and will last longer than the other. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further information.