Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years of in the Motor Trade as diagnostic Technician and general repair work.
9261905

Which fuse in the fusebox is the one to check if the car

Customer Question

Which fuse in the fusebox is the one to check if the car does not start? When I insert key, dash indicates "Remove Key". When trying to start, only hear "clicking sound", no crank of motor.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello. If the fuse is the issue you would not get any response from the car when the key was inserted. The issue is with your ignition switch or battery. Have you attempted to jump start the car from the jump start point under the hood on the passenger side of the engine bay ? Let me know Hope this information helps. The ignition switch is a extremely common failure in these models and has to be replaced by a dealer and programmed once installed. Let me know what you want to do or if you need more info. I am here to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that did not answer my question. I asked, where is the fuse in the fusebox.

How am I supposed to know what fuse MAY be a issue if you do not answer the questions I had asked. I asked those for a reason. The reason is to help me determine what your issue is. And in our cars a fuse is rarely the fix. I am not here to waste your time. I asked those questions to help me get a better understanding of what may be happening. If you chose not to answer them then I cannot assist you with a accurate answer. Let me know how you wish to proceed.

I will opt out and maybe another expert can help. In order for me to help I need to get a feel of the vehicle and I do not feel at this time I can assist I wish you the best.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you are having problems.

To be sure we are all happy , and so that I can help you as wish.. please tell me how I can help you.

ie - reading through all the above - while you ask "which fuse box"... there is no one fuse box with a fuse to cover your problem...

So I'd like to help but you see my issue...

-- Rgds, MIKE........................................