Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

How would you compare the crash worthiness of a 1987

Customer Question

How would you compare the crash worthiness of a 1987 Mercedes versus a 2015. And how do you feel Mercedes compares to that of a Lexus.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

the W124 (1987) Mercedes was extremely well made

however the crash performance will be a long way behind a modern 2015 model

as this is before the days of NCAP ratings its very difficult to give a subjective answer with a definitive rating

but modern crash structures, multiple airbags, better brakes have all contrived to make a 60mph impact a walk away from event

whereas a 60mph crash in the W124 is going to leave injuries, possibly major ones

as to comparing Mercedes to Lexus then they both score equally high in the NCAP stakes so regarding crash worthiness there's nothing to choose between them

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

Glad to have helped

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.