Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

The ABC Malfunction light is on and it says stop car

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pump and pulsation dampener were recently changed. After light came on front drivers side was low. Hydraulic fluid was also low. I put Petrosin fluid in but car did not come back up
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Do you have a air compressor ? Here is how to Check the level
http://www.mediafire.com/view/v2jadwseiygxehd
Copy and paste that link. Let me know about the air compressor. This will also be way easier to talk you through over the phone.
I sent over a phone offer. Let me know how you wish to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I put the fluid in and noticed the rubber around the cap was screwed up. The malfunction light is off but the car seems to lift up and drop down continuously.
Ok what corner or axle is doing it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All of them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think it could be just losing pressure because the cap is not seating properly because of the rubber gasket that is screwed up
Oh no. Ok. Well make sure that it's actually all of them as sometimes the weight of the vehicle will make you think all of the corners move but actually it's just the front or rear. If all four are moving then you need to replace both the front and rear valve block assembly's. The valve blocks were updated with newer solenoids to stop the fluid from bleeding back to the tank. That is most likely what will need done. Also a fluid flush as the and fluid can cause this issue also but the valve blocks are a huge issue now that the cars have age in them. Hope this information helps. If you have any more questions let me know the abc system is by far the most problematic and costly to repair. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
The rubber cap is just a cap. It does not do anything special but seal the lid from dirt. The tank is not pressurized.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it definitely is the front and back. If you stand outside the car when it is running you can see it build up and go right down then build up again. What does that cost?
Well I hope you are sitting down. If I remember correctly each valve block is roughly 1200-1500$ A piece. Add 12 cans of fluid on top of that. And about 8 hours labor and it's about 5k$.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.