Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2014 S550 with cabin perfume. I purchased a new

Customer Question
I have a 2014 S550...
I have a 2014 S550 with cabin perfume. I purchased a new bottle of perfume. I find it very hard to unscrew the top -- which is a part of the installation instructions. Is there a way to open up the jar easily? I feel like putting a pipe wrench on the jar lid but for goodness sakes this is extreme, no?
Please let me know what secrets of turning the lid there might be, for example:
1. does the center hole or one of the three side holes open up?
2. Is there a way to make the top easier to turn.
3. Is the top supposed to turn counterclockwise to open, and vice-versa?
Many thanks for any assistance you might have.
John in North Carolina
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
8/5/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Billy, Trainer/Master tech. replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Hello John and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
The top is supposed to turn couter clockwise to open.
There should be no other tricks. But is it a OEM perfume you got?
MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician