Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 1999 sl500 vin wdbfa68f9yf191458 the battery died

Customer Question

I have a 1999 sl500 vin wdbfa68f9yf191458 the battery died now the radio says wait
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. When the radio says WAIT it means that an incorrect radio code has been entered 3 times. You will need to leave the key turned on to the first click and leave the radio turned on until WAIT changes back to CODE. It usually changes within a 2 hour window but it can take as long as 24 hours. After the radio changes back to CODE just enter your code and press the SEEK or SCAN button to activate the radio. The code on file for your radio is 11311.
Let me know if it works.
Marty