Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

ML500...need to install new turn signal light....I have the

Customer Question

ML500...need to install new turn signal light....I have the new part.
problem is to get the old little bulb out & get the new one in.
Also..does the new assembly just snap in place ?
I broke the last one backing into my garage...no damage to the mirror itself.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mistake....I should have stated that its the turn signal in the right outside mirror..not the main turn signal up front.
Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When should I expect an answer..its been 3 hours..I thought that it would be simple for an MB manBrian Cudmore
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian, sorry for the wait on this question. I need to know which year ML you have.
Marty
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its a 2006....
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian, you will need to remove the mirror cover in order to replace the turn signal. Use a long thin screwdriver to depress the tab behind the mirror glass to release the cover. Copy and paste the instructions for removing the cover below. I've also posted a link to a video that might help. In the video he removed the mirror glass but that is not necessary. With the glass removed it clearly shows the tab that you need to depress.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/t6bnnynakk4441c/mirror_cover.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=020tGmaOKNc
Let me know if you need anything else. Please don't forget to click on a rating for my service in order to credit me for my help.
Marty