Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have an 06 plate c220cdi the central locking is not

Customer Question
working. I have fitted new...
I have an 06 plate c220cdi the central locking is not working. I have fitted new batteries in the main and the spare key. I have also tried to reset the key. It worked once at very close range only. Any ideas please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
8/3/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. The keys open the cars with two signals. A radio signal and a infrared signal. The radio sig al is what is not working that's the the key works at close range. There is a little square on the drivers and passengers side door handle that you point the key at to open the locks. Check all the fuses in the rear trunk fuse box. One is the fuse for the antenna that works the locks. Make sure none are blown. Let me know. Lou.
I can lock the car on the dash board button, would that suggest the fuses are ok?
No that suggests that the lock system works but not the antenna. Try this. Point the key at the little square on the door handle on the outside of the car and press the buttons and see if they work. Now cover the little square with your hand and try again and see if the locks work.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician