Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1987 Mercedes 560 sel has no electrical power with charged

Customer Question

1987 Mercedes 560 sel has no electrical power with charged batt and cables on tight
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** you give me a little more information? Do the headlights work? Do the hazard flashers work? What is the history of the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marty, have a 1987 560 sel the has a charged battery hooked up tightly but absolutely no power to whole car?
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
If nothing in the car has power, not even the headlights or the hazard flashers, there has to be a problem with the battery or the cable connections. You need to check the voltage at the battery with a voltmeter. Either the battery has not taken the charge or there is a poor connection at the positive or negative battery either at the battery terminals or at the other end of each cable. That is the only possibility if every single thing in the car is without power.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty