MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Clk 550: I have a 2007 mercedes clk550. Yesterday as I was

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mercedes clk550. Yesterday as I was driving home, my radio stopped having sound. There is also no sound from any cds in the cd changer. I have looked at the fuses and they seem to be fine.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Ok so to be clear , the radio functions except for the sound ? Do you have a telephone and satellite radio option installed ? It doesn't matter if you subscribe I just need to know if you have the sat button on the radio and if it works on the preview channel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. When I press the SAT button I get a message that says Call (###) ###-#### ***** ESN is 016317157922
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a telephone option but I don't use it.
Ok if you pull the satellite fuse and reinstall it the system may come back online. Or also the radio fuse.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not work. I reset both radio fuses and satellite radio fuses twice.
Ok I'll check a diagram and see what we can do. Most times the no sound issue is just a glitch in a module in the audio system circuit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
No problem I appreciate your patience , I will try and help you get this resolved.