Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

The convertable top on my 2007 MERCEDES 350CLK stopped

Customer Question

The convertable top on my 2007 MERCEDES 350CLK stopped opening seconds after I pushed the button on the center console to open it. It makes a gurgling sound when I try to close (re-latch) it, or open it further... and the windows are 9/10Ths of the way
up but won't close all the way. The trunk won't open either. I have tried turning the car on and off and pushing the top open button again and again.. No luck only the gurgling noise. What cAn I do to manually re-latch the top, close the two front windows
all the way, and to open the trunk?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.
First you need to open the trunk using the mechanical key in your fob.
Then you need to close manually, this is a long procedure, so i will attach as a pdf:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzaWliYWpLNVBzaFk/view?usp=sharing
Then, we get to the windows:
once the convertible is closed and locked, do the following for each of the power windows:
- click to open, and hold the button to the max while window is opening, and keep it pressed after 10 seconds then release
- click to close (to the maximum position) and hold the button, after the window closes for not less than 10 seconds.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy