Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

The top works but its like the process it takes to go down

Customer Question

the top works but its like the process it takes to go down is mixed up. how can i reset the top
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay, can you explain exactly what the top is or is not doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Roll bar light flashes, top switch light stays on, as soon as you start rolling it starts beeping. But if you manually do a couple of things it will try to cycle but it acts like the process is scrambled.
ok, thanks for replying, what year and model do you have and has the battery been weak or dead or disconnected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
92 500sl did have a bad battery and replaced
ok great, heres what you can try, relearn the windows, to do this , start the car, close the doors, press the UP position and hold gently until the window reaches the top and keep holding until the motor makes a click noise, then do it again, repeat for both windows, then try the top. see if it now works. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried it...did not work
ok, you need to press the window switches gently, there are two positions for the window switches, there is a manual and a automatic mode , the first gentle press raises the window manual while if you press the switch until it clicks it will express up, ( i cant remember if this model does that) also if learning the windows did not work , press the roll bar switch to the raise position, and keep holding for at least 5-10 seconds, and then lower the roll bar and try the top again. let me know if this works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried all the button reset tricks...but I've already dropped the car off at a dealership to be fixed
Oh ok , usually when a battery dies the windows and roll bar just needs reset. Hopefully it's nothing major. If you need a second opinion let me know. Sorry I could not help. Top issues are the HARDEST over the Internet. Sometimes you get lucky and its just the reset. Take care. Appreciate the response instead of rating negative and not responding. Take care. Lou