Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Ml320: , i have a 2002 ML320, i had to have it towed and

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2002 ML320, i had to have it towed and since then the key remotes and the alarm light on dash is off and not flashing.
i have tried to reset the remotes by key in ignition position 2 and remove,press the lock on the remote 5 times while holding unlock on centre console. release and press any key. this did not work. is there another way to reset alarm and remotes or do i have to go to MB dealer?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the reset procedure for the remotes is as follows:1-Insert remote control key into ignition switch and rotate in position 22-Remove key and press the lock button on the key and hold pressed, while simultaneously pressing the unlock button on the key five times.3-Release buttons and then press one of the two buttons onceIf this procedure does not work you will need to take the car back to the dealer to have the keys programmed with the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marty, as mentioned in my request have already tried that procedure and unfortunatly it didn't work,
harv
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The red alarm light stopped flashing, is there a way to reset or could it be a fuse?
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Hi Harv, you mentioned that you were holding unlock on the center console. That is not the correct procedure. All of the resets are done on the key itself. Are you able to lock and unlock the car using the switch on the console?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it started to working again when i disconnected and reconnected the battery
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Fuse 42 is for the locks but if they work from the console the fuse will be fine.
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
Did you follow the synchronization procedure exactly as I stated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I will go and try the reset using only the remote
thanks Marty,
harv
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Harv. Let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK great thanks for this and hope it does it!!
thanks,
harv
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
You're quite welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi unfortunatly the procedure did not work. Do you have any other options to reset the alarm first, then the remotes can be reset
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.
You need to be able to lock the car with the remote in order to set the alarm. I've had to program quite a few ML keys with the Mercedes tester for this problem. You can try reversing the sequence by holding down the unlock button and pressing the lock button 5 times and see if that works. If you have no success I'm afraid you will need to take the car to the dealer for the programming. You can also try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 30 minutes then try the procedure again.Let me know how you make out.