Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

ML320: , a check engine light came on in my 1998 Mercedez

Customer Question

Hi, a check engine light came on in my 1998 Mercedez Benz SUV. the code was -7300. what does it mean?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Did you get this code from the dash or with a computer scan tool?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
from the dash
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, what happened? no answer?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Your response just came through. Give me a minute. Thank you.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again. If this is the code you are getting on the dash it is not an actual fault code. Since the check engine light is on you need to have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you can have this done and bring me the codes I can tell you for sure what is going on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
guess, this doesn't answer my question. you must know given that its at 199K whether it is simply triggering a maintenance check or something else. so I'm still in the dark. I know I can go and ask a mechanic at a gas station, but I thought you guys have the manual with all the codes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please cancel my trial, not interested. got better results from youtube.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
I can tell you what the code is directed to if you would like, but that will not give you everything that you need to fix it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** a scam, rope you in, fleece you and tell you to go to a mechanic anyway.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that you feel that way. In order for me to truly help you I need to get information from you. I hope you get this taken care of. Good luck.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Sorry for the last communications. The expert was off a little the wrench with the -7000 is simply telling you the oil change light was not reset in the last 7000 miles. As for the check engine light you do not necessarily have to go to a mechanic , you can get the codes from a autozone or oriellys or advanced auto parts store for free and return to me with the codes and I can tell you what the issue is. Please request me if you need assistance. The site is not s scam o am here to help. Lou
Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
And like I said get the codes and I WILL assist you to get this taken care of. Please do not take suggestions for the repairs from the parts store clerks lol. They will try to sell you what the computer tells them. And they are Always wrong. Lou