Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 1993 500SL began not idling and going dead when accelerating and mo

Customer Question

My 1993 500SL began not idling and going dead when accelerating and moments later the ABS light came on and went into the limp mode but the rough idling stopped. Got the car home, car sat overnight and today it ran perfectly. What do you think the problem was and is it safe to continue driving? Dallas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Most often when the traction lights and the limp mode happens together it means there is a fault with the electronic accelerator. That is also known as the throttle body. It is electronic and controls itself. And when there is a fault with the circuit it will limit the throttle opening and kill the traction system since the throttle body is a part of the traction system. It will kill the throttle of the wheels are slipping and the brakes can't contain the slip. So I would have it diagnosed asap. As it can happen again at the worst time and possibly cause a accident. I Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lou

I did respond to you yesterday

Dallas
dallas i see no response, and the site says you only have one open question, did you accidentally start another account? i see nothing on my end, please copy and paste it again so i can review and assist.,Lou
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had the car checked and problem was a bad air mass meter so your answer was incorrect. I don't to rate you since it may not be fair to you
ok glad you got it figured out! i had it pegged for a throttle valve, they are extremely common for this, i can t say i have ever had a mass air flow cause this, and i appreciate that, i have no problem with being wrong, thats how we learn, IF however you end up needing a throttle valve i will say i told you so lol, ok sir i will put in for a refun for you since i was not able to assist, i hope you request me in the future, i will do my best to help. take care. Lou