Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Sadan: 1992 300.e 2,6 letter ingine I broke one of the bolt

Customer Question
1992 300.e 2,6 letter ingine...
1992 300.e 2,6 letter ingine I broke one of the bolt that hold down the egr, valve can it b extracted or I have to replace the exhaust manifold
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Was changing the E,G,R valve one bolt that pin down the valve broke can it ,b, remove
7/13/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, you should be able to center punch the broken bolt and drill it out. You just need to be sure that you drill it in the center and don't go so large that you ruin the threads. You will need to break away the pieces of the bolt as you drill it or you can drill it out completely and install a heli-coil thread insert. If any part of the broken bolt is sticking up you can try using vise grips on the bolt and turning it. Spray the bolt with some PB Blaster to help loosen it. It's pretty awkward trying to drill back there are the back of the manifold. It would probably be best if you removed the manifold to drill out the bolt.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Vacum holes set up for both air pump an, EGR check valve on 1992, 300,E Mercedes Benz 2, 6 letter, Engine aidleing high fail smog test once
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Did you ever get the broken bolt out of the manifold?
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician