MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

W163: I need the wiring diagram to the rear entertainment system,

Customer Question

I need the wiring diagram to the rear entertainment system, under the drivers side rear seat. I'm removing the old VCR and installing an after market DVD player. Its a 14 pin connector
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Can you post your vin ? I can't say I've ever seen a factory vcr lol.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4JGAB54E22A304747, Ya my friends are ltao about it. Looked on line and sure enough. A local MB independent shop wants it when I'm done! I guess it was a dealer installed option but has MB harness. I have mitchell and its not there.
Ok I have factory access. I'll try to get you something tonight.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Two row 14 pin connector, the two offset in middle are blank. C is about 10mm by 36mm. There are two connectors under seat, one is blue and one is red. Only one on deck. One connector for DVD the other was for VCR. BLUE/red is tape but used to identify. They sold way more VCR's.
can you upload a picture of the connector, i dont think its factory, if it is i dont have anything in the diagrams, i went through all groups, if i can see the connector that may help, also our connectors have 10 digit part numbers on them . see if there is a number, Lou
what i mean by factory is it may have been a dealer add on, so if it is that would explain why i am having a hard time finding wiring., but sometimes add on equipment is not labeled in the diagrams so thats why a picture of the connector or connectors may help.
i found a part number for the install kit, not that it will help, but this thing is hard to track down info on.
B6(###) ###-####is the part number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive worked my ars on this, i'm pretty good myself, but sometimes we could all us a little help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
More, other side.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1952314-2002-ml500-factory-vcr-install-pics.html
hers also a site i came across for a dvd option, i will see what i can find with your connectors, also see what parts kits were available and check the diagrams again. i went through all fuse box and radio diagrams and nothing about the vcr. i wont give up just yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, my day on the web found some DVD from other cars that look like they might work. I think it was 241 870 37 26. GL i believe but way newer, discounted that but seeings how a GL is what it is maybe it is using some old technology?!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does MB use specific wire codes that arent duplicated? If so is there a list for this year? Purple w/white tracer and sashes is....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it was easy I wouldnt b here. I pride myself in fixing things other people cant!
The ML is a different breed , on all factory wiring there is small print that tells you what it goes to and what connector and what pin. If those are just color coded wires then that tells me it was added on. Let me do some more checking and see what I can find. So far I have nothing in the factory diagrams. I will use your vin and see what I can find in the parts catalog. And all of my customers are in your shoes , finding help online is always a last resort. I will not waste your time , I am trying to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dont get me wrong, I appreciate your help. A lot of people on JA make money off the public that shouldnt be working on they're own stuff anyway. Simple answers. If i could know which wire are what i can build harness to DVD player.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I never worked as a tech. I was a Snapon dealer for ten years. I know what its like to see someone struggle on a car. Saw it and was able to call my customers when a guy was struggling even though trying hard. My best techs would always help if they knew a guy wasnt wanting a freebee. Thanks for your effort.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is what we get for building s MB outside Tuskaloosa.
Your right about the people that shouldn't be working on their own stuff lol. And I'm at it again looking something that will give us a pinout.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looks like I've got it figured out. Ohming out DIN connector.
Ok at the moment I will have to opt out , I have a personal emergency that popped up and I do not want to keep you from progress. Sorry. I will check back tomorrow if no one has helped. My apologies. Lou
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still would like the wiring diagram...
Sorry about having to leave. In the meantime I have tried every option I have and can find nothing on the system and wiring. You can process your refund by following the customer service links. I assume since no other expert has helped means that the question may be to hard for them or unaswerable. I hope things work out for you. If you need anything let me know but with the entertainment system there is NOTHING I can find anywhere in the Benz system. Lou