Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

190E: I have a 1984 Mercedes 190E that was first purchased

Customer Question
I have a 1984 Mercedes...
I have a 1984 Mercedes 190E that was first purchased and used in Germany (for 15 years). I have owned it since 2000, and have become aware that the North American model differs in some parts. Usually the auto parts dealers only can access parts for the North American model. I need to rebuild:
1) the rear suspension (struts, springs, bushings)
2) timing chain
3) distributor cap
4) catalytic converter.
Will the north American parts work on the European version??
The VIN number of my car is WDB2010241F040576
Thank you,
Tom
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
7/10/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi Tom, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** rear shock absorbers, coil springs and suspension bushings are all the same as a US model. The timing chain and distributor cap are also the same. The catalytic converter is not clear. I suspect the converter may have been installed in order to import the car to the US in which case if should be a US model converter. Either way you should have no problem at all fitting a US converter to the car. I've listed part numbers below.
Rear Shock Absorber - 201 320 09 31
Rear Coil Spring - 201 324 25 04
Rear Control Arm Bushing - 124 350 67 06
Timing Chain - 003 997 82 94
Distributor Cap - Bosch part # ***** 201
Catalytic Converter - 201 490 98 19
Let me know if you need anything else.
Marty
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician