MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

ML350: My passenger side front power window only goes 1/3 of

Customer Question

My passenger side front power window only goes 1/3 of the way up on my 2008 ML350. Dealer can't look at it for 2 days and rain is coming. Is there a way I can at least close it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
The most common reason would be the incorrect alignment of the window glass, which requires removing the panel, re aligning and installing, but first, since you have the one touch power windows (you click on the switch once, and the window goes all the way up or down),
can you try and pushing the button down (to the max, or two clicks), and hold, till the window is open, and keep it pressed for 10 seconds, and then do the same closing the window (press to the max, two clicks, hold, and keep holding after the window stops moving for about 10 seconds)
Kindly get back to me with your findings, so we proceed accordingly.
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now it doesn't move at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just started moving. Still only half way
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Back to not moving
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sitting here waiting. This is a waste of time
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the delay.
So the power window is working intermittently, and now it closed even more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Back to the original stops half way. Moves intermittently
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Headed for a mechanic. Can't wait all day
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Again, apologies for the delay...
You can get back to me if any further info is needed (how it works, how to remove the trim for access or other).