Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1995 mercedes e320 wagon. sunroof appears stuck. mtr just grunts…

Customer Question
1995 mercedes e320 wagon. sunroof...
1995 mercedes e320 wagon. sunroof appears stuck. mtr just grunts when you actuate the sunroof switch.
The sunroof is essentially closed, but tilted down one-half inch or so. My immediate concern is getting the rear of the sunroof up tight against the seal. Is there a way to manually crank it closed. There does not appear too be a manual crank unit behind the plastic unit that houses the light and sunroof switch>>>HELP, Thanks, ***** ***** (###) ###-####cell
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 5 days by:
7/11/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a sun roof track issue or one of the cables the motor operates is damaged.This can be common.Unfortunately the only way to manually put it in place is to usually remove the sun roof motor then push the roof into place but if a component is jamming up the track this will need repaired first.
Thanks Pete