Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2004 clk500. the battery dies everyday. I have put

Customer Question

I have a 2004 clk500. the battery dies everyday. I have put several new batteries in but it does the same thing. I did some research and something said that it could be the seat module draining the battery, but I'm not sure that is the reason. anyone know
why this is happening?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** starters battery drains are very hard to describe on how to find and need the proper test equipment and procedure to accurately check. So I can provide some insight but this is best left up to a tech that has experience in doing Mercedes parasitic drain tests.
So the common things to cause a Mercedes battery draw are the following
Driver or passenger seat control modules. Located under each seat on the seat track frame.
The radio.
The amplifier for the radio.
And the blower motor for the ac
How they will check for this is to open all the doors and hood and trunk. And then lock them and use tape or a wedge to press the door switches in and also use a screw driver to latch the hood and trunk so everything is open but the car thinks it's closed. Then hook a ammeter in series between the negative cable and th battery post and lock the car. Then undo the battery post so the power is now being fed through the ammeter and wait 30 minutes for the car communication systems to sleep. Then the reading should be less than .03 Ma if the reason is more then the tech will pull one fuse at a time waiting a few seconds each time for the draw to drop to that level or less and once he sees that amperage drop he then will track that fuse to the circuits and modules that it powers. And the end result will be a fixed car. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more information. Battery draws are the hardest to try and fix over the Internet. Hope this had shed some light on the procedure. Lou.
Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.