Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

E 430: 2000 E 430 when unlocking in the morning sometime it…

Customer Question
2000 E 430 when unlocking...
2000 E 430 when unlocking in the morning sometime it will hesitate to unlock then either the drivers side or passenger side will not have power to the door. No windows no seat adjutant no searing wheel adjust and no courtesy lights on bottom of door... when I reset the battery they work again...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
7/1/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have a fault in the CAN-B controller area network. When you disconnect the battery cable you are rebooting the network. Common faults are with the PSE module for the locks or with one of the window modules. You will need to have a network diagnosis done with the Mercedes Star tester in order to isolate the problem.
Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember that you must click on a rating for my service in order for me to receive credit for helping you today.
Marty
Where are those modules located?
Hi, thank you for getting back to me. There is a window module in each door. The PSE module is located under the rear seat cushion in a foam box next to the battery.Let me know if you need anything else.