Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

S500: 2 issues; I have a 2001 Mercedes S500. The rear drivers

Customer Question

2 issues; I have a 2001 Mercedes S500. The rear drivers suspension at times is low. A few minutes after the car starts the airmatic message may display. At times, the rear suspension does not drop after sitting all night. I want to be sure if the problem is the air compressor, the air bag or ? I would think that the air bag will always drop if it's defective. I had a similar issue on my 2006 R500, which tuned out to be the compressor. If so, is it common to have one bag drop if you have a defective compressor?
Same vehicle, I have a PO130 and PO150 alarm, which is O2 circuits 1 and 2. I replaced both the o2 sensors, however the message did not go away. The car runs ok. I inspected all of the wiring any everything else around the engine.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.if it was the compressor it would not just be one corner. It will be a leaking shock that is your issue.
As for the O2 sensors , it's obviously not the sensors its something with the wiring. You need to i plug the o3 sensors and check for power on the pins and tell me what pins do not have battery
Voltage. Then I can tell you where to go from there. Lou.