Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

C 280: Hey Marty I have a 1997 c 280 AMG, and it is my baby,

Customer Question
Hey Marty I have a 1997...
Hey Marty
I have a 1997 c 280 AMG, and it is my baby, looks and runs like it did when new. Now here is my only problem: the hvac system has quit working. Compressor does not engage nor does the fan blow. I live in East Texas so a properly operating a.c. unit is a priority.
The screen reads out properly what it should be doing but nothing is happening! I am hesitant to take the car to our local Mercedes dealer, as it seems to cost a minimum of $1500 just to drive in the door!
so--any suggestions as to what, where, how I should proceed?
Regards ***** ***** sweaty Texan!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercedes
6/27/2015
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi Wayne, is this something you would like to try and repair yourself? Do you have a test light or a voltmeter? Can you post the last 8 digits of your vin number for me?