MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

C230: . I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio into

Customer Question

Hello. I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio into my 2005 c230 kompressor. I'm having a slight issue and I think it has something to do with the security system
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've hooked up all the wiring and everything correctly but I believe there is a code or something to bypass because the car will not let me power up the radio. There's a blinking red light at the power harness when I turn the car on but nothing else
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. If you are talking about the orange lines , that is the fiber optic system. That only affects the sound. Have you checked the fuses to make sure you did not blow a fuse ? What kind of radio did you install ?